PIVOT ARTS FESTIVAL PRODUCTION MANAGER
Pivot Arts is hiring a Production Manager (PM) for the Pivot Arts Festival (festival runs May 31 – June 9, 2019 at various locations throughout Edgewater and Uptown). The PM must have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to manage multiple events, problem-solve in a fast-paced environment and have knowledge of technical theater/dance. The PM serves as the technical liaison between artists, venues and Pivot Arts staff and is the primary point of communication between Pivot Arts, venues, and talent for all scheduling, technical, rehearsal, and performance needs.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Create, maintain and distribute a centralized festival schedule detailing on-site rehearsals, load-ins/installs, performances, and strikes/load-outs
· Schedule in-person meetings with festival talent and festival venues to discuss/assess technical needs
· Create a shared contact list for companies & venues
· Work with artists to meet their technical needs while staying within the festival budget
· Hire necessary stage management or tech staff (in consultation with Producer), making certain there is a tech representative at all rehearsals/performances as well as necessary hires/volunteers for load-in/strike
· Work within budget to rent any necessary equipment to outfit spaces such as lighting gear, sound gear, dance floor, and seating and supplies/hardware needs.
The PM will begin with a meeting to assess festival needs in late February/early March 2019 and then begin on a very part-time basis starting March 2019 to coordinate between artists and venues. Weekly production meetings with Pivot Arts staff start in April. The PM must be widely available during the duration of May 24 – June 12 (or when final load-out is completed) to oversee any tech rehearsals, load-in/strike and other needs.
Please send cover letter describing relevant experience and resume as PDF to email@example.com with subject: Attn: Production Manager Position. Include 3 references with phone and email contact information. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information about Pivot Arts visit: www.pivotarts.org
Pivot Arts produces and presents contemporary and multidisciplinary performance on Chicago’s far north side. We develop new work and present performances throughout the year culminating in a large-scale, multi-arts festival. Our vision is that of a vibrant community where unique collaborations between artists, businesses and organizations lead to the support and creation of unique performance events
Please send cover letter and resume as PDF along with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com