PlayMakers Laboratory is currently seeking undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates for the winter Social Media internship. Concentrations include: theater, communications, marketing, development, graphic design, media, public relations, and content organization. Our interns will work directly with the Executive Director and the Communications Coordinator, receiving an in-depth understanding of running a growing arts education non-profit. Our winter intern will play an essential role in our holiday campaigns, and be able to attend and observe staff meetings, shows, virtual rehearsals, and other events, based on their interests.
- Execute and complete special projects relating to our annual appeal, Giving Tuesday, Write-A-Thon campaign, and our public performance That’s Weird Grandma, and holiday partnerships throughout the city.
- Assist in day-to-day operations relating to communications, public relations, marketing, non-profit development
- Support in Youtube organization and content creation
- Attend committee meetings when pertinent.
- Aid staff on current campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- iMovie or Final Cut Pro
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Office, Google Suite, Zoom, and general internet proficiency
- Data entry
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Patreon, Youtube)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Interest in Theater and/or Theater Administration (Communications, Development, Fundraising, Marketing, and Operations)
PlayMakers Laboratory values its interns immensely and works hard to provide an environment that is engaging, challenging, educational, and FUN. We welcome and encourage interns to adopt that spirit of collaboration while they are on our team.
Internships, while not paid, may be undertaken for school credit, and generally span one semester or calendar season (i.e. fall/winter), with a preferred time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Schedules are flexible and can be set at the time of hire, though we anticipate a start date of late November an end date in January.
Taking the current state of our nation into account we encourage interested candidates to apply with the option of working remotely
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com, attn: Ashley Bland. Deadline to apply is November 18.
Must be 18 or older to apply. PlayMakers Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org