Porchlight Music Theatre seeks a full-time Operations & Production Supervisor to join our expanding staff. This senior management position assures the successful delivery of all Porchlight Music Theatre productions and the management and maximization of Porchlight assets including scene shop, rehearsal spaces, production offices and costume/prop inventory etc. In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Executive Director, this role hires and oversees Production Managers for individual Porchlight mainstage productions, and is responsible for the successful physical delivery of all Porchlight productions and events, including participating in production budgeting and production staff hiring.
(CONSIDERING LOCAL CHICAGO-AREA RESIDENTS ONLY)
Production Management & Supervision
– Provide production supervision for three mainstage productions, Porchlight Revisits production(s), New Faces Sing Broadway productions as well as the annual Season Preview Party, Holiday Party, Chicago Sings Concert and ICONS Gala events and other ancillary activities.
– Participate in developing, and supervise managing, seasonal production budgets.
– In collaboration with Artistic Director develop initial season schedule, production calendars and design deadlines for each production and expanded programming/events.
– In consultation with the Artistic Director, hire and supervise Production Manager(s) for each of the three mainstage productions.
– Oversee Mainstage Production Managers in their hiring, contracting, and management of all production staff and contractors including, but not limited to: designers, part time technical staff, electricians, carpenters, stage managers, production assistants, wardrobe personnel, run crew, artistic consultants and any additional personnel required for specific Mainstage production needs.
– Maintain department contact information and production rosters.
Facilities Management & Rentals
– Manage the maintenance of equipment and facilities located at Porchlight production offices, rehearsal and shop spaces at 4200 W. Diversey, and 1016 N Dearborn St, Chicago, as well as the renting of three studio spaces, the scene shop space and the costume/prop stock.
– Ensure a consistently safe, clean and well-maintained environment for staff, renters, students and others using the studios and shop space, which may include minor maintenance, repairs and light-janitorial duties, responding in a timely manner to urgent maintenance calls and hiring staff for said duties as required.
– Administer all aspects of facility and stock/prop rentals including prospecting/sales, negotiations, management of rental agreements and relationships.
– Maintain the calendar of usage for three studio spaces and shop space, coordinating closely with School at Porchlight and other PMT staff regarding non-rental facility needs and scheduling.
-Proven leadership and production management experience, diplomacy and calmness under stress, and excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
-An advanced understanding of budgeting and scheduling mandatory, as well as proficiency in Excel.
-Knowledge of all areas of technical theatre needed; experience as crew member and supervisor a plus.
-Previous supervision and oversight of in-house scene shop is desirable. Must be able to handle numerous tasks at the same time and coordinate all aspects of production.
-Must have at least three (3) years’ experience of production in live professional theatre.
-Must be able to physically access all technical spaces in the theater.
-Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required.
-Ability and willingness to work a mix of regular business hours, as well as nights and weekends as required by the production/facilities rental schedule.
Starting salary is $40,000 annually with optional health and ample PTO benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and is competitive with similar positions within the mid-size non-profit performing arts industry.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter addressing your specific skills related to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject line: OPERATIONS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
-No phone calls please.
Porchlight Music Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of diverse candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com