Producing works that center on the queer experience.
PrideArts is looking for an INTIMACY DIRECTOR for their US premier of Tango, written by Joel Tan. Carol Ann Tan will be directing.
An elderly waitress at a Chinese restaurant in Singapore refuses to serve a same-sex couple and their adoptive son because of her religious beliefs. When a video of her actions is shared online, this erupts into vitriol, heated debates and a protest rally that rocks the country.
- Rehearsals begin on Monday March 27, 2023.
- Tech rehearsals begin on Monday April 24, 2023.
- Previews are Thursday May 11 – Sunday May 14, 2023.
- Opening on Monday May 15, 2023. Performances are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 730p; Sunday at 3p. There is one Wednesday performance on June 7, 2023.
- Closing on Sunday June 11, 2023.
The Intimacy Director is not expected to attend every rehearsal. A schedule will be devised once a cast is hired. After the show opens, the Intimacy Director may need to come back to fix any issues or if an understudy is going on.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Intimacy" in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com