Producing works that center on the queer experience.
PrideArts brings the British theatrical genre of panto to Chicago for the company’s holiday show – Jack Off The Beanstalk by Tom Whalley. Director Bryan McCaffrey is currently accepting resumes from TECHNICAL DIRECTORS who are interested in bringing this hilarious (and very adult) retelling of the English fairy tale to life.
Jack and his mother, Dame Trott, live in a tiny cottage in the shadow of a terrible giant. With the rent overdue they have no choice but to sell their beloved bovine pal, Fist the Cow. And you know the rest of the story – magic beans, Green Cock —*ahem*, we mean Beanstalk – defeat the giant, rescue the princess, etc.
- Monday October 10 – first rehearsal, followed by the first production meeting.
- Saturday October 29 – second production meeting.
- Monday November 7 – theatre becomes available for load-in, build, hang/focus, etc.
- Monday November 21 – set complete.
- Thursday November 24 thru Saturday November 26 – Thanksgiving break
- Sunday November 27 – rehearsals resume
- Monday November 28 thru Wednesday November 30 – preview performances
- Thursday December 1 – open
- Sunday December 18 – close
All work can be done on-site, preferably during the day. It would be good if the TD has their own tools but it’s not a requirement. The TD will be expected to determine what lumber and other materials will be needed, purchase it and have it delivered to the theatre. There is also a budget for additional help.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Panto TD" in the subject line of your email. Deadline for submission is Friday September 30.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com