Mudlark Theater is seeking to hire a Production Manager for a salaried year-round staff position that will oversee the production activities of the theater.
- Hire designers, manage and create production schedules, and provide financial oversight for Mudlark Mainstage and Studio productions.
- Supervise the purchase and rental of all theatrical materials and equipment in coordination with designers and technical personnel.
- Maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the theater, including supervising the use of lighting & sound equipment, tools, scenic stock, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Ensure that all designers meet deadlines, adhere to industry safety requirements, and stay within production budgets.
- Consult with lead teaching artist in Mudlark’s School Residency programs for in-school performances.
- Orient facility renters and visiting productions to Mudlark’s two stages (Noyes Street Theatre and the Red Curtain Theater).
- Attend and manage tech rehearsals, load in, and strike as needed.
- Attend bimonthly staff meetings.
- An excellent working knowledge of technical theater and production management.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with an exemplary attention to detail.
- Self-motivated worker who genuinely enjoys working in a collaborative artistic environment.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the design process and ability to mentor and manage designers in a positive and thorough manner.
- 2-3 years of experience working in the Chicago theater scene.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and an interest in mentoring youth and emerging designers is a plus.
Start Date: September 2019
Compensation: Salaried position commensurate with experience. Production Manager will start at 60 hours a month. Note: There is also the possibility of additional compensation for Scenic Design, Box Office, Teaching Artist work, or House Management.
Interested applicants should email a resume and brief cover letter to Christina Lepri the Managing Director at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org