Now in its 20th year, The Silverman Group, Inc. (TSG) provides expert public relations counsel and strategy for Chicago arts, lifestyle, education and civic clients. From world-class Chicago cultural institutions to national touring productions, major festivals, chambers of commerce and educational organizations, our team of authentic and passionate senior-level PR professionals knows how to get each story to the right audience – and bring our clients into the spotlight!
We are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our team.
• Provide public relations services for client accounts spanning several genres, with supervision from senior staff; provide secondary support on other accounts.
• Execute both traditional media and online influencer relations – including crafting all forms of press materials and pitches – to deliver comprehensive coverage, based on client objectives.
• Develop strong personal relationships with media in the Chicago market.
• Manage efforts of Assistant Account Executive on relevant client projects.
• Participate in creative brainstorming sessions and occasional team-wide projects.
• Other administrative tasks as needed.
• Minimum 3+ years of public relations experience (agency or in-house); experience with arts and/or nonprofit clients ideal.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Track record of directly securing media coverage.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Passionate about the arts and the media.
• Digital literacy and competency with social media platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree in PR/communications or a related major.
• Current driver’s license and ability to drive to occasional client appointments; use of rental vehicle provided.
As invested in our team as we are in our clients, starting benefits for the position include: generous 3+ week PTO plan plus holidays, including paid week off in late December; medical, dental, long & short-term disability and life insurance coverage; matching 401K plan; and access to free tickets for client performances and festivals. Salary commensurate with experience.
To learn more about our company, team members and current clients, visit www.silvermangroupchicago.com.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and references to President Beth Silverman, Beth@silvermangroupchicago.com. Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis beginning March 13, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com