Raven Theatre’s mission is to tell stories of today and the past that connect us to our cultural landscape. We do this by producing nationally recognized theatrical work, collaborating with top notch artists, and offering a first-class education program. Raven’s commitment to modern drama and its educational programming have helped it remain a cultural cornerstone on the north side of Chicago for 38 years and counting.
Raven Theatre operates out of its fully owned 10,000 square foot building which includes its 85 seat East Stage and its 57 seat Schwartz Stage as well as its administrative offices.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Production Manager is responsible for the production of all
Raven Theatre programming and for the oversight of the programming of companies renting space in the theater building.
The Production Manager should possess the following qualifications.
- At least 2 years of experience as a production manager, or 4 years in technical theater or stage management
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people
- Good communicator
- Good organizational development and management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret plan drawings and technical paperwork across theatrical design fields
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
- Comfortable working on ladders
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive box trucks
- Supports the artistic vision and mission of the theatre
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director, engages each member of the creative, technical, and stage management teams for productions in the theater’s subscription series and Quill reading series
- Issues contracts for all members of the creative, technical, and stage management teams as well as all performers (including understudies) for productions in the theater’s subscription series and Quill reading series
- Coordinates all aspects of the design work involved in the theater’s season subscription productions as well as any education productions, including but not limited to the management of production meetings, 1st reads, technical rehearsals, and strikes
- In conjunction with directors, designers and technicians, estimates, reviews, and revises all production proposals for budgetary and operational feasibility.
- Issues contracts for all teaching artists and personnel involved in the education field trip, residency, Saturday series, and summer camp programs
- Develops and maintains a database of theatrical designers and technicians
- Cultivates creative relationships with designers and technicians
- Attends theatrical performances produced by other companies
- Represents the theatre at external events as requested
- Cultivates relationships with itinerant theater companies to identify opportunities for the rental of space in the facility
- Serves as the primary contact with organizations renting space in the theater, including but not limited to issuing contracts for the rental of space and managing the entry into and the exit from the building of such organizations as well as monitoring their activities while in the building
- Maintains theatrical equipment inventories and manages the rental thereof
- Participates in Development activities as requested
- Coordinates with Facility Manager in the preparation of the building for rehearsals and performances
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director develops the annual production calendar
- Manages and maintains the building calendar
The Production Manager is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is $36,000 annually plus participation in the theater’s healthcare plan.
July 1, 2021
Currently, due to the pandemic, unvaccinated employees are working remotely in most circumstances. Fully vaccinated employees will be expected to work in the building with other vaccinated colleagues.
Raven Theatre is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and antiracist environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com