Working under Marketing Manager Jake Fruend, the Arts Administration Intern is an essential part of Raven’s team. Interns will work closely with all departments and develop a deep understanding of how Raven is run.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 FALL SEMESTER
Successful candidates are theatrical artists or future non-profit administrators, proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, excellent communicators, precisely organized, highly professional, and excited to learn the ins and outs of running a non-profit theatre.
– Participation in strategy meetings
– Data collection & organization for individual productions
– Help with audience mailing campaigns and e-blasts
– Generating social media/web content for production & education marketing
– Assisting Audience Services Manager John Weagly with audience engagement events & logistics
– Annual gala support
– Assistance at after-hours special events
– Assist our Education department with tracking assessments for “Take Flight” annual reports
– Helping to organize and manage materials for teaching artists for use during in-school residencies
– General office duties
Current or recently graduated students are encouraged to apply for Raven Theatre’s internship program! Candidates should be able to commit to between 10 and 15 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks during regular office hours (10am-6pm, Monday through Friday) with some required evening availability for rehearsals, performances, or special events.
All Raven internships are unpaid. Interns receive complimentary tickets to all Raven productions and academic credit (if available through your university). Two-semester and summer internships are available upon request. Raven Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In addition to the application form (link in job description), please submit a resume, 2 references (either contact information or letters of recommendation), a cover letter detailing why this program is right for you, a one-page writing sample (preferably arts-oriented - possibly a review, promotional copy, or creative writing project), and a brief outline of your regular weekly availability.
Email your complete application to Marketing Manager Jake Fruend at jake@RavenTheatre.com or mail it to Raven Theatre: 6157 N Clark St., Chicago, IL 60660
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org