The Artistic Director is responsible for conceiving, developing and implementing the artistic vision and focus of the theatre company.
- Direct at least one main stage production per season;
- Curate season programming with input from the programming committee and Board of Directors;
- Ensure high quality programming that aligns with the spirit of the Theatre’s mission;
- Work with the leadership team to choose a program schedule that will allow the Theatre to achieve revenue and artistic goals;
- Supervise and support guest directors to ensure all programs meet artistic and budget goals;
- With the executive committee, develop relationships with local arts organizations and seek opportunities for collaboration and rentals;
- Hire, supervise and evaluate personnel including directors, performers, designers, stage managers and production managers;
- Work with the Executive Director to effectively promote Refuge productions by engaging in marketing and public relations activities via website, email, social media, word-of-mouth, paid advertising, and media opportunities;
- Maintain positive ongoing working relationship and effective communication with the executive committee, theatre staff, and the Board of Directors.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Ross Egan, via email: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org