Remy Bumppo Theatre Company seeks a motivated intern to join our development team to help with two of our largest fundraising project of the year: the Annual Benefit and our year end appeal campaign. We are especially looking for an intern with an interest in event planning, fundraising, development, and auction coordination.This position will work closely with the Patron & Donor Services Manager and Benefit Committee to help plan and execute our year end appeal fundraising campaign and our Annual Benefit on March 8th, 2020. While the majority of your time will be spent working on these two projects, we invite interns to experience other aspects of running a non-profit arts organization.
We are looking for an intern to join us from November 2019- March 2020 for 8-12 hours/ week. (We are willing to work around holiday schedules.) Scheduling is flexible, though most work should take place on weekdays during normal office hours (Monday-Friday between 9a-5p). Exceptions can be made for other commitments. Some evenings and weekends may be required. Candidates must be available for the day of the event, March 8th, 2020 from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Tickets to Remy Bumppo productions
- Audit our Studio Bumppo Classes
- Experience working in an open learning environment for a nonprofit arts organization
Desired Skills and Experience
- Interest in fundraising and event management
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines
- Comfortable or willing to learn how to make cold calls
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word and Google Drive
- Database and mail merge experience a plus
- Aid in the planning and execution of the Annual Benefit, including: reaching out to businesses and individuals to ask for auction donations,following up with solicitations, tracking the receipt of items, and managing the online Silent Auction catalog
- Assist with other event-related tasks such as event promotion, décor, volunteer coordination and other logistics.
- Day of benefit help with set-up, breakdown, and coordination of the Silent Auction
- Help coordinate the year end fundraising campaign, including recording and tracking donations, sending acknowledgement letters, and drafting campaign emails
Remy Bumppo offers its interns either a limited stipend or academic credit. Stipends are determined by time commitment and type of internship. Remy Bumppo will assist in tailoring internships to meet the credit requirements of individual schools. However, interns must make all credit arrangements.
While international applicants are encouraged to apply, Remy Bumppo cannot sponsor foreign applicants or assist with visa arrangements. All housing arrangements are the responsibility of the intern.
To apply, please go to https://www.remybumppo.org/about-us/work-with-us/internships/ to download our Program Application Form at the bottom of the page.
All applicants must submit the form, a current resume, and a brief essay discussing your interest and career goals in theatre, as well as the specific internship goals you hope to accomplish at Remy Bumppo.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org