Website Rhapsody Theater
Reporting to the Director of Theater Operations, the House Manager is a member of the Front of House staff and shall work with the Spirit Guides, Bartenders, other House Managers, and other staff as they relate to the operation of Rhapsody Theater and the general functions of the position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the front of house staff for scheduled performances (including third-party rentals), use of assisted listening and/or other access equipment, program distribution, ticket collection, ticket audit, lost and found, etc.
- Enforce customer service policies and greet patrons in an appropriate manner, handling questions and complaints.
- Facilitate post-show and pre-show activities.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of patrons by ensuring that Front of House and patron-facing areas are cleanly and well-maintained
- Perform necessary preshow, postshow, and closing duties.
- Work with stage management to assure prompt curtain times.
- Inform building staff of maintenance needs.
- Track attendance at performances and complete post-show reports.
- Input third-party ticket sales into ThunderTix
- Sell tickets, gift certificates, and the like; both in person and via phone utilizing ThunderTix.
- Check in patrons and direct to seats.
- Respond to email inquiries and maintain the organization of front of house email inboxes.
- Train additional House Managers and Spirit Guides as assigned.
- Be prepared to address security issues and health-related emergencies; is knowledgeable about first aid and willing to take instruction in CPR.
Most performances run Thursday through Saturday evenings, with matinee performances on Saturdays and Sundays. Additional performance times may be outside of these windows.
The House Manager will work as scheduled, up to three hours prior to performance, through the performance, and until the theater is cleared of audience or released by supervising management. The House Manager must be flexible and be able to adapt to changing circumstances of a varied schedule. The House Manager must be prompt, confident, and thorough.
Excellent oral and written skills are required. Customer service experience and computer proficiencies are strongly preferred. This position may be required to stand for multiple hours without sitting; as well as being able to lift up-to 50 pounds unassisted. Familiarity with ThunderTix is a plus. Illinois BASSETT certification is desirable, and training will be provided to select candidates.
Candidates bilingual in English/Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at Rhapsody Theater is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Rhapsody Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local EEO laws.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org; and include HOUSE MANAGER in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com