Website Rhapsody Theater
Reporting to the Director of Theater Operations, the Spirit Guide is a member of the Front of House staff and shall work with the House Manager, Bartenders, other Spirit Guides, and other staff as they relate to the position and operation of Rhapsody Theater.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the use of assisted listening and/or other access equipment, program distribution, ticket collection, lost and found, etc. for all scheduled performances and events (including third-party rentals)
- Ensure the safety and comfort of patrons, including maintenance and cleanliness of all front-of-house facilities.
- Perform necessary preshow, postshow, and closing duties.
- Work closely with House Management to facilitate smooth patron experiences and on-time performances.
- Inform building staff of maintenance needs
- Sell tickets, gift certificates, and the like both in person and via phone utilizing ThunderTix.
- Check in patrons and direct to seats
- Quietly and efficiently perform table service during performances.
- Process payments through Toast POS
- MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Most performances run Thursday through Saturday evenings, with matinee performances on Saturdays and Sundays. Additional performance times may be outside of these windows.
The Spirit Guide will work as scheduled, up to two hours prior to performance, through the performance and until the theater is cleared of audience or released by supervising management. The ideal candidate must be flexible and be able to adapt to changing circumstances of a varied schedule.
Excellent oral and written skills are required. Customer service experience and computer proficiencies are strongly preferred. This position may be required to stand for multiple hours without sitting, balance concessions on a tray while in motion (including on stairs) and stationery, as well as being able to lift up-to 50 pounds unassisted. Familiarity with ThunderTix and Toast POS is a plus. Bartending or foodservice experience is also a plus. BASSET and Food Handlers’ certifications are preferred – training will be provided to select candidates.
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at Rhapsody Theater is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Rhapsody Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local EEO laws.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com; and include SPIRIT GUIDE in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org