This position is responsible for acting as the back up for the Ticket Office Manager in the ticket selling function of the Rialto Square Theatre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
1. Assists with the general operation of the ticket office, ticket sales as outlined below.
2. Prepares daily bank deposits and reconciliation, as well as, monitor cash flow.
3. Updates phone messages and boards
4. Data input for subscriptions
5. Maintains regular office hours.
Assist Box Office Manager with
1. Managing sales staff
2. Building and maintaining Venue promoted/sponsored and rental events.
3. Daily box office operations (including staffing, preparation of box office reports and statements, accounting and event settlements.
4. Help to ensure ADA compliant ticketing practices are being implemented.
5. Communication with promoters, Ticketmaster staff, corporate VenuWorks, vendors, customers and other affiliated parties.
6. General box office physical operation and staff morale.
7. Assists Client representatives with event programming, ticket holds, ticket counts and other ticket details.
8. Working with internal departments and external event personnel with any ticketing needs.
9. Being a box office representative and venue liaison at events.
10. Monitoring of ticket sales and maintenance of ticketing system.
11. Tracking and reconciliation of ticket stock and inventory
12. Customer service issues.
13. Maintenance of accurate box office accounting, as well as, report and follow-up on any ticketing repair issues.
14. Set up events, place holds, process orders and release tickets in a timely fashion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High school graduate or equivalent and 2 years box office experience
2. Demonstrated knowledge of computerized ticketing systems, preferably both Archtics and TM Host.
3. Experience working in a computer network environment utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
4. Able to work flexible schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / REGISTRATIONS
1. Applicants must possess a current valid driver’s license and a vehicle that can be accessed for work purposes and a working telephone with a number that can be accessed by building management personnel for business contact purposes.
2. Experience with a network and computer maintenance skills a plus as well as willingness to assist other personnel with computer related problems and internal troubleshooting with network.
1. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
2. Ability to write simple correspondence.
3. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
4. Ability to speak and understand English.
1. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
2. Ability to apply concepts of basic math on an Excel spreadsheet, calculator, ten key adding machine, or cash register.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to remember previously learned material such as specifics, criteria, techniques, principles, and procedures ; ability to grasp and interpret the meaning of material; ability to use learned material in new and concrete situations; ability to break down material into its component parts so that its organizational structure can be understood; ability to recognize casual relationships, discriminate between behavior mechanisms, and identify elements that are relevant to the validation of a judgment; ability to put parts together to form a new whole or proposed set of operations; ability to relate ideas and formulate hypotheses; ability to judge the value of material for a given purpose on the basis of consistency, logical accuracy, and comparison to standards; ability to appraise judgments involved in the selection of a course of action; ability to identify choices and potential outcomes, determine importance of outcomes, combine information to prioritize options and make decision based on best and most important choice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
2. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
3. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, during some events, can become quite loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. This is not an all inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Further, this job description is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of any employee under his/her supervision. I understand that employment is at the will of the employer and either the employer or the employee may terminate the employment with or without cause at any time.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kris Hernandez at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.