This position is responsible for achieving significant results in generating contributed income for the Rialto Square Theatre. Directs and manages all aspects of donor recognition and cultivation. In conjunction with the Executive Director, Director of Sponsorship and Development and the Rialto Square Theatre Foundation Board of Directors, the Manager is responsible for designing and implementing strategies to achieve and maintain annual fundraising goals of the Rialto Square Theater and its programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
1. Design, implement and manage annual fundraising programs and activities including:
a. STAR (donor) membership program (cultivation and retention)
b. Annual Fundraising Events
c. Annual Campaign
d. Major donor gifts
2. Design, implement, manage and/or facilitate a campaign.
3. Create and implement fundraising programs to take advantage of special giving opportunities.
4. Prepare and provide materials for board member interaction with potential donors.
5. Maintain accurate donor database and financials with the Business Manager.
6. Research foundation, state, federal and local governmental grant opportunities and prepare and facilitate grant applications and management.
1. In concert with senior management, participate in organizational planning and creation of goals and objectives.
2. Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises in the Development department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Preferred candidate will possess the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in applicable discipline or equivalent relevant experience in development.
2. Experience in a supervisory capacity.
3. Experience and proficiency in all the above essential duties and responsibilities.
4. Ability to interpret and use demographic and marketing research information.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and database programs and donor related software (i.e. E tapestry and Blackbaud)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1. Applicant must possess current, valid driver’s license and a current working home telephone with a number that can be accessed by building management personnel for business contact purposes.
1. Ability to speak in public, both in person and via various media outlets.
2. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, reports and government and banking regulations.
3. Ability to communicate venue policy to the public and employees in a clear, concise manner.
4. Ability to write professional correspondence, reports and procedures.
5. Ability to speak and understand English.
1. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
2. Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to remember previously learned material such as specifics, criteria, techniques, principles, and procedures ; ability to grasp and interpret the meaning of material; ability to use learned material in new and concrete situations; ability to break down material into its component parts so that its organizational structure can be understood; ability to recognize casual relationships, disseminate between behavior mechanisms, and identify elements that are relevant to the validation of a judgment; ability to put parts together to form a new whole or proposed set of operations; ability to relate ideas and formulate hypotheses; ability to judge the value of material for a given purpose on the basis of consistency, logical accuracy, and comparison to standards; ability to appraise judgments involved in the selection of a course of action; ability to identify choices and potential outcomes, determine importance of outcomes, combine information to prioritize options and make decision based on best and most important choice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
2. Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software and peripherals.
3. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
4. Must be willing to do considerable travel, including overnight.
5. Work is classified as light with the requirements of exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Performs duties in a well-ventilated, well-lighted and temperature-controlled office environment.
2. Noise level is minimal in daily work environment, but can be very loud during specific events such as concerts, sporting events, monster trucks, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Further, this job description is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of any employee under his/her supervision. I understand that employment is at the will of the employer and either the employer or the employee may terminate the employment with or without cause at any time.
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Val Devine, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org