- Part-time position, working approximately 16-20 hours/week from Aug-Dec and Jan-May (fall and spring semesters).
- Starting Date: mid-August, 2022.
- First semester of hire to be considered a trial period. Successful completion of semester is required to continue to succeeding semesters.
- Supervise student crews in the hang/strike of three main stage productions per semester (typically held on Saturday/Sunday).
- Work four (4) hours, four (4) days per week (during business hours) to facilitate the efficient running of the lighting area through production notes, equipment maintenance and repair, and facilities management.
- Work with the Resident Lighting Designer to organize and execute the lighting for 6-7 studio productions per semester.
- In concert with the Resident Lighting Designer, mentor and manage student employees in the lighting and sound areas.
- Aid freelance sound designers in the setup of sound equipment for two to three main stage productions per semester.
- As needed, aid student sound designers in the set up and execution of sound designs in studio productions.
- University degree in Design and Production.
- Working knowledge of lighting fixtures and control systems.
- Basic knowledge of sound systems.
- Proficient in Vectorworks, Lightwright, QLab, and Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience in supervising crews.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume (with references) to:
Tim Stadler, Director of Production
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org