Silk Road Rising and International Voices Project is seeking a dialect coach for the co-produciton, world premiere of Twice, Thrice, Frice… by Fouad Teymour.
The play is currently in rehearsal and a dialect coach is sought to begin working ASAP.
A dialect coach is being sought to teach one actor and her understudy a Palestinian accent of English. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching accents and have an ear for hearing the nuances in pronunciation.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Meeting individually with actors
- Be present at select rehearsals and previews
- Locate and provide research materials for the benefit of actors and director, which may include:
- Sound Clips or Recordings
- Pronunciation Guides
- Other Examples of native speakers
- Assist the actors in mastering appropriate dialects for their character, whether in rehearsal or one-on-one
Rehearsals are nights and weekends, downtown. The first preview is October 1, and the show opens on Sunday, October 13.
Send your resume, a cover letter detailing your experience with accents especially a Palestinian American English, and any supporting materials to associate producer, Corey Pond, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com