Website Silk Road Rising
Changing the Story
Silk Road Rising is a Chicago-based, community-centered artmaking and arts service organization rooted in Pan-Asian, North African, and Muslim experiences. Through live theatre, digital media, and arts education, we challenge disinformation, cultivate new narratives, and promote a culture of continuous learning.
Silk Road Rising seeks an experienced Web Designer to maintain, improve, and expand our suite of websites. This opportunity is a temporary contract position that will require both in-person and remote work. The Web Designer will work up to 300 hours over four to six months. In-person work will be conducted at the company’s office in downtown Chicago. We welcome applicants who are excited about applying their skills to advancing our mission of amplifying diverse voices. We are seeking a candidate who has at least three years of experience creating and supporting web development, tracking and analyzing web activity, and innovating new online engagement.
The Web Designer reports directly to the Co-Executive Artistic Directors and coordinates with the rest of the staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade Silk Road Rising’s existing and future websites
- Respond to and troubleshoot any website-related problems
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches
- Ensure that all websites are protected by enabling the appropriate security measures
- Create appropriate website content aligned with the organization’s mission and strategy
- Ensure websites quality and efficiency
- Conduct content audits to ensure consistent and accurate information
- Improve the User Experience of the websites
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Collaborate with company leadership to ensure that the websites align with mission and organizational standards.
- Keep websites up-to-date and accessible with industry best practices
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of work experience as a website manager
- Expert knowledge of SquareSpace, Google Suite, Photoshop, and W3C Web standards
- Highly proficient in HTML, XHTML, CSS design, cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
- Great understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Solid time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen interpersonal and collaborative abilities
A degree in computer science, web development, information technology, systems engineering, or related qualification
All interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Candidates chosen for interviews should be prepared to offer three professional references and a cover letter.
This position will remain open until it is filled. Please, no phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org