Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Associate Production Manager.
This position collaborates with the Director of Production to manage operations and administration of all production department activities. The Associate typically takes a lead Production Manager roll on 2-4 productions each season.
The Associate Production Manager supervises the Production Office Coordinator, 1700 Theatre Technical Coordinator, and supervises and mentors a Production Management Apprentice and three Stage Management Apprentices each season.
This position reports to the Director of Production and collaborates closely with a production management team including Company Manager, Production Office Coordinator, and apprentice.
This position works primarily 9-5 M-F with occasional evenings and weekends for technical rehearsals and special events.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
· Three or more years of professional experience in project/production management for the performing arts, events management, or similar field
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, an eye for details and organization, and a strong aptitude for financial accounting
· Experience drafting and negotiating contracts including familiarity with union agreements (USA, AEA, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse range of collaborators and creative processes and willingness to adapt standard practices to the needs of a given project or team
· Managing multiple overlapping and on-going projects to high standards within time, human resource, and budgetary constraints
· Knowledge of safety policies and procedures within a performing arts environment
· Creative problem solving and a general curiosity/openness to continual learning and growth
· Thriving in a collaborative team-based structure
· Maintaining a positive attitude and calm demeanor under pressure
· Commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status
· Serve as Production Manager on 2-4 productions per season – shepherding the design process, aiding shops in value engineering, supporting rehearsal/tech process, running production meetings
· Negotiate Designer/Consultant agreements
· Assist in season planning and facilitate maintenance and communication of detailed schedules
· Manage financial transactions for the production department, including overseeing processing invoices, executing designer/consultant payments and reimbursements, and reconciling all production-related budget lines.
· Facilitate and participate in production department job searches
· Mentor and facilitate career growth and training for apprentices and staff
· Liaise with administrative departments to ensure communication with Production Staff and coordination of shared spaces/resources
· Participate in long range planning, including the facilitation of a move into a newly constructed theater building (expected summer 2021)
· Adhere to strict health and safety guidelines and play a leadership role in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
· Ensure that production work environments are inclusive and respectful for performers, designers, and staff
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE