Costume Shop Overhire
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for temporary overhire positions for first hands, stitchers, and design assistants to work in the Costume Shop. This is a rolling application: applicants will be considered for various projects as needed throughout the 2021/2022 Season, some for immediate consideration.
This position reports to the Costume Shop Director.
Areas of Responsibility:
- First hands and stitchers: Work with workroom supervisor and staff draper to cut, sew, build, and alter a wide variety of costumes both for Steppenwolf and for outside projects.
- Design assistants: Work with the Assistant Designer to realize the costume design for Steppenwolf productions. Duties include but are not limited to paperwork, shopping, sourcing, and pulling from stock.
- Good time management and organization.
- Strong verbal communication.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Hand and machine sewing. (First hands and stitchers only)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (including desired position and general availability), resume and three references by 5/1/2022
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.