Steppenwolf Theatre Company (STC) seeks a full-time Database Manager to manage all database input, list creation, extractions, reporting, security and ongoing maintenance for STC’s CRM, Tessitura. This position will hold primary responsibility for the database structure, custom report generation and compliance for all Tessitura functions that support the daily needs of the company, working closely with the Box Office, Marketing, Development and Finance teams. This position requires superior attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and a strong ability to multi-task across priorities and deadlines. A laptop and other necessary equipment for this position will be provided.
This position reports to the Audience Services Director.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee data tracking, reports, list management, extractions and other tasks as assigned for cross-departmental Tessitura use through coordination with internal Tessitura users in the Ticketing, Marketing, Development and Finance departments
- Serve as Tessitura System Administrator/System Architect, including related programs: Analytics, SQL, ROI, etc.
- Lead the company in the eventual transition from a custom e-commerce platform to Tessitura Network Express Web (TNEW)
- Actively participate as a member of the internal Steppenwolf web team to ensure proper web functionality, including identifying web needs, providing Tessitura-related information to the third-party web vendor, conducting Quality Assurance testing and ensuring that new functionality is working as expected post-launch
- Submit RAMP/Support/Extended Services tickets on behalf of staff as needed
- Create reports, custom lists and output elements in Tessitura
- Create custom jobs, stored procedures, views, and queries in SSMS, as well as perform necessary updates and imports
- Maintain the integrity of the Tessitura database by creating and implementing leading business practices to ensure clean entry and reporting procedures
- Provide oversight for the Tessitura database and security system upgrades, new applications, reports, documentation and the internal Tessitura Users Group
- Work with staff to improve frontline and backend processes via system set-up, company policy and industry best practices
- Document STC-specific Tessitura processes and policies, coordinate Tessitura training and assistance and reduce staff redundancy in procedures and policies.
- Develop and maintain a suite of regular reports and dashboards from Tessitura to support Marketing, Box Office and Development operations
- 2-4 years of database management or related experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Tessitura.
- Experience managing and manipulating database information.
- Experience providing analytical data reporting.
- Track record of superior attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and manage simultaneous priorities.
- Ability to work independently with strong follow-through, strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with staff members throughout an organization
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot table creation and manipulation.
- SQL experience preferred.
- Familiarity with website content management systems a plus.
- Experience working in performing arts and/or non-profit organizations a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting efforts to promote inclusion, diversity, equity and access within an organization
Salary range: $ 45,000-$55,000 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by 10/24.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.