Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for a Digital Marketing Manager. This position, under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Director, manages the theatre’s website, e-commerce, and email communications campaigns. The successful candidate will need to be a) experienced in web and e-commerce operations; b) skilled at web analytics; and c) adept at building emails and familiar with email marketing best practices.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with staff and manage outside vendors on issues of web maintenance and the development of new web and e-commerce functionality
- Develop website content and maintain through multiple Content Management Systems
- Manage website development budget
- Cultivate cross departmental familiarity with digital best practices and web content standards
- Maintain Steppenwolf brand on all e-marketing platforms (website, email, search, etc.)
- Create and maintain email communications calendar
- Develop email content strategy
- Code/deploy or supervise the coding/deploying of emails
- Establish key performance indicators, establish baseline measurements, and set goals
- Monitor and report on the performance of Steppenwolf’s online platforms
- Build, deploy and analyze surveys created through Wufoo, Zoomerang, etc
- Stay on top of trends, development of new methods for testing
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, communications, project management or related field plus 3+ years relevant experience
- Candidates must be proactive, relationship-oriented, strategic, and creative. They must understand the big picture but also have strong attention to detail. They should feel comfortable juggling multiple projects and must have excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of new and emerging Web, Social Media, and Analytics technologies and the potential application thereof
- Creative enthusiasm and passion for the digital medium
- Ability to communicate clearly about technology and digital media to non-technical colleagues
- Experience in the arts or a non-profit organization is desirable
- Experience with digital content strategy and development
- Functional knowledge of user experience components (usability, user interface, information architecture, and other web design elements)
- Familiarity with the Tessitura ticketing software and API
- Familiarity with the Wordfly email client
- Familiarity with Jira, Basecamp, and other project tracking software
- Familiarity with EPiServer and other content management systems
- Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocatingfor equity, diversity and inclusion
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is the nation’s premier ensemble theater. Formed by a collective of actors in 1976, the ensemble represents a remarkable cross-section of actors, directors and playwrights. Thrilling and powerful productions from Balm in Gilead to August: Osage County—and accolades that include the National Medal of Arts and 12 Tony Awards— have made the theater legendary. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theatre, the 299-seat Upstairs Theatre and the 80-seat 1700 Theatre. Artistic programming includes a seven-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Company engagements; and LookOut, a multigenre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 15,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 40 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin. Anna D. Shapiro is the Artistic Director and David Schmitz is the Executive Director.
For additional information, visit steppenwolf.org, facebook.com/steppenwolftheatre, twitter.com/steppenwolfthtr and instagram.com/steppenwolfthtr.
Salary range: $40,000 – $45,000 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, pre-tax Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by following this link by March 6, 2019.
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE