Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of IT Coordinator. The IT Coordinator is responsible for managing Steppenwolf’s IT Help Desk, assisting the IT Administrator with network maintenance and the general service of servers, user workstations, printers, routers, switches, and digital phones. This position reports to the IT Administrator.
- Serve as Steppenwolf’s front-line IT help desk resource
- Provide both hands-on and remote support for end users, which may include troubleshooting: Windows devices, macOS devices, network hardware, printers, other peripherals, etc.
- Track and document work using Spiceworks Help Desk or other documentation tools as needed
- Assist users with using and troubleshooting software as needed, which may include: Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Tessitura, and MIP Fund Accounting, among others
- Troubleshoot basic printing issues (network and local, including thermal ticket printers and laser printers)
- Administer user accounts and security rights using Active Directory and Office 365
- Image, configure, and deploy new desktops, laptops, and printers
- Troubleshoot server and managed network device problems (including routers, layer 2 & 3 switches, wireless bridges, and fiber circuit connections), with assistance from the IT Administrator as needed
- Assist IT Administrator with large scope IT projects, including implementing new network hardware, large-scale software rollouts, etc.
- Train Steppenwolf staff and new employees in basic use of IT resources as needed
- Assist with projector and other A/V setup for company events as needed
- Submit and manage IT Department invoices in our electronic requisition software
- Additional related duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience working with Windows client operating systems
- Familiarity with Windows servers and Apple clients preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, especially when working directly with end-users
- Understanding of basic administration tasks in Microsoft Active Directory
- Flexible availability to assist in emergencies and occasional “off hours” work
- Ability to work reliably and efficiently without supervision
- Experience with Spiceworks, Sharepoint, Office 365, and/or Mitel MiCollab/MiVoice is a plus, but not required
- Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by 11/1
To apply for this job please visit hhttps.