Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of IT Coordinator. The IT Coordinator is responsible for managing Steppenwolf’s IT Help Desk, assisting the IT Administrator with network maintenance and the general service of servers, user workstations, printers, routers, switches, and digital phones. This position reports to the IT Administrator.
- Troubleshoot/resolve desktop, laptop, and networking problems and document work using Spiceworks or other documentation tools as needed
- Serve as Steppenwolf’s main IT Help Desk resource
- Assist desktop users with software problems: Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Tessitura, MIP Accounting, etc.
- Resolve printing issues (network and local, including thermal ticket printers and laser printers)
- Administer e-mail/user accounts and security rights (Active Directory) and shared folder permissions
- Image, configure, and deploy new desktop workstations, laptops, and printers
- Troubleshoot server and managed network device problems (including routers, layer 2 & 3 switches, wireless bridges, and fiber circuit connections), with assistance from the IT Administrator as needed
- Assist with updating and patching workstations
- Coordinate and prioritize troubleshooting activities with IT Administrator
- Assist IT Administrator with large scope IT projects, including implementing new network hardware, large-scale software rollouts, etc.
- Train Steppenwolf staff and new employees in IT as needed
- Assist with projector and other A/V setup for company events as needed
- Submit and manage IT Department invoices in our Electronic Requisition software
- Additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience working with Windows client operating systems
- Familiarity with Windows servers and Apple clients preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, especially when working directly with end-users
- Understanding of basic administration tasks in Microsoft Active Directory
- Flexible availability to assist in emergencies and occasional “off hours” work
- Ability to work reliably and efficiently without supervision
- Experience with Spiceworks, Sharepoint, Office 365, and/or Avaya IP Office is a plus, but not required
- Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion
For over 40 years, Steppenwolf Theatre Company has been a cultural leader in Chicago and model for theatre companies in the United States and around the world. Formed by a collective of actors in 1976, the ensemble has grown to 53 members who represent a remarkable cross-section of actors, directors and playwrights. Thrilling and powerful productions from Balm in Gilead to August: Osage County—and accolades that include the National Medal of Arts and 12 Tony Awards— have made the theater legendary. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theatre, the 299-seat Upstairs Theatre and the 80-seat 1700 Theatre. Artistic programming includes a seven-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Company engagements; and LookOut, a multigenre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 15,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 40 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin. Steppenwolf is led by Artistic Director Anna D. Shapiro and Executive Director David Schmitz.
Salary range: $30,000 – $35,000. Compensation is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry. Excellent benefit package offered, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, vacation pay, paid sick leave, personal days, and 401(k) retirement program with company match.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For additional information about Steppenwolf, please visit steppenwolf.org, facebook.com/steppenwolftheatre, twitter.com/steppenwolfthtr and instagram.com/steppenwolfthtr