Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Production Administrator to assist in the Production Department. This position reports to the Assistant Production Manager and assists the Director of Production, Assistant Production Manager, and Company Manager. This position primarily works in the office, M-F from 9am-5pm, but occasional weekend or evening hours may be required.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate and track all production department expenditures; purchase orders, credit cards, petty cash, accounts, and process production payments (including designer and consultant payments).
- Coordinate payroll for actors and stage managers, including Actors’ Equity Association reports and payments.
- Assist in the creation, management and tracking of contracts for actors, designers, and other artists.
- Assist in the onboarding of new production staff and artists, including actors, stage managers, designers, and consultants.
- Assist booking travel for visiting artists and staff.
- Complete administrative duties for the Production Department, including maintaining office supplies, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, and taking/distributing meeting minutes and agendas.
- Assist in season planning and the creation and communication of detailed calendars and schedules.
- Process comp and house seat requests for artists in Tessitura.
- Work with Assistant Production Manager on special projects for the department as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse range of collaborators and creative processes.
- Creative problem solving and a general curiosity/openness to continual learning and growth.
- Commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status.
- Ability to quickly pick up and learn how to navigate union rules and protocols. Experience working with Actors’ Equity Association and United Scenic Artists rules is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity working in theater production, performing arts, events management, or similar field in either a professional or educational setting.
- Basic computer skills (including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Calendar and Dropbox) with the ability to adapt and adopt new software and computer systems.
- Advanced Excel experience (including working with formulas) and experience with Tessitura is preferred, but not required.
$40,000 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by 10/24.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.