Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Social Media and Communications Assistant. This position reports to Senior Communications Director and Senior Marketing Director. Seeking a candidate who is a team player and will be an enthusiastic contributor to the entire Marketing and Communications Department.
· Curate and create content for Steppenwolf’s social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, that embraces the brand, engages followers and generates revenue
· Curate and create content for Steppenwolf’s Front Bar’s social channels
· Strive to catapult Steppenwolf’s social media following to increase “x” %, consistently make recommendations with a mix of experimentation and best practices recommendation
· Develop, coordinate and execute campaign-specific social campaigns in collaboration with PR, Marketing, Creative and external digital ad partners (examples: Capacity Interactive, Bucketlisters, Yelp, etc.)
· Create dynamic visual content and copy for revenue- brand- and/or mission-driven campaigns
· Support paid social ad campaigns by pulling CRM lists, keyword research for lookalike audiences, etc., for expanding ad reach to intended prospect audience(s)
· Manage social content calendars, updating and sharing on a regular basis to coordinate internal team and external partner needs
· Be an active voice in the strategy and development of Steppenwolf’s organic social media and social media advertising, with an eye toward results (engagement, ROI, KPIs, etc.).
· Track, analyze and report out weekly in department meetings on social media metrics
· Actively participate in department meetings, brainstorm new ways to reach audiences through social channels
· Adhere to brand voice, brand guidelines and creative campaign strategy as set by the Creative Director Manage customer service requests and messages received through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
· Provide on-the-ground social media coverage at Steppenwolf events and opening nights
· When appropriate, conduct interviews with Steppenwolf ensemble and artists to generate original press and social media content
· Coordinate with publicity on announcement timing and sharing on social platforms
· Curate, organize and oversee VIP social influencer nights for each production
· Cultivate relationships with social media influencers for the invite list
· Lead the execution of Steppenwolf’s program books (playbills). This includes managing all program book schedules and maintaining deadlines; soliciting, compiling, and editing all copy; rough drafts and communicating edits to the design team.
· Manage program insert schedules, field incoming stuffer trades and cross-departmental requests.
Website content publishing and editing
· Support in creating, posting and editing content through multiple Content Management Systems for the front end of our website, maintaining accuracy and relevancy.
· Responsible for posting and updating cast bios to website in collaboration with PR.
· Additional general website copy updates as needed.
Misc. / General Support
· This position provides general support to the entire marketing and communications department on an ongoing basis.
· This may include coordination or assistance at events including press nights, scheduling meetings, invoice processing and other assigned tasks as needed/time permitting.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· 1-3 years of work experience in social media marketing, public relations, or equivalent experience.
· Expertise in new and emerging social media tools and platforms.
· Strong communications and organizational skills required.
· Excellent writing skills and a strong attention to detail required.
· Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
· Strong interest in theater and the arts.
· Computer efficiency in Wordfly, Photoshop, Dropbox, and Tessitura.
· DSLR camera experience preferred but not required.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com