Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Provides excellent customer service and sales skills as a member of the sales team for The Symphony Store. Responsible for assisting with many aspects of the retail operation, including helping customers in-store and over the phone, completing sales transactions, reconciling cash drawers and performing select stock duties. PLEASE NOTE: HIRING FOR START DATES IN LATE AUGUST.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Open and close the store as needed and scheduled.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful and professional atmosphere on the sales floor by greeting customers and assisting with their shopping needs.
- Complete sales transactions and refunds through Lightspeed Retail, ensuring accurate payment processing and issuing correct change.
- Ensure proper sales tax collection on all sales transactions.
- Reconcile cash drawer at the end of all closing shifts.
- Gain and use knowledge of Symphony Store discography, including recordings by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Maestro Riccardo Muti, to assist customers and guide audio sales.
- Help customers over the phone with placing phone orders and redirecting calls to appropriate in-house contacts.
- Sell guest artist merchandise and assist in setting up spaces for CD signings at select CSO Classical and Symphony Center Presents concerts.
- Perform stock duties including pricing merchandise, restocking the sales floor and completing semi-annual inventory counts.
- Maintain clean and proper appearance of sales floor.
The CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
- Direct report to Store Manager.
- Other contacts include customers, volunteers, subscribers, donors and CSOA staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Classical music experience and/or knowledge preferred.
- Equivalent retail experience in a non-food setting.
- Appropriate customer service, communication and sales skills.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Ability to use computerized cash register.
- Accuracy in counting money and merchandise.
Pleasant retail environment. Shifts vary from 6 to 8 hours, Tuesday through Sunday. Candidate must have evening and weekend availability. Must be able to stand 4 to 6 consecutive hours while on sales floor. May be required to lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds daily. Must be able to perform and communicate during high-volume events.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com