• TimeLine Theatre Company is seeking candidates for Teaching Artists for TimeLine South. TimeLine South provides teens a safe space for self-expression, creativity, and ensemble building on the south side of Chicago. Young artists learn basic skills in theatre & performing while exploring social topics that they feel a strong connection to and devise a final performance that demonstrates that the arts are an effective and unique vehicle for social justice.
• Serve as a member of the core professional artistic team that aids students in ensemble building, leadership, research, and theatre/acting techniques.
• Collaborate with the professional artistic team (Director, designer, composer, choreographer,etc) on student ensemble devised final performance.
• Contribute to the crafting of lesson plans with teaching artist team based on performance piece needs
• Participate and contribute ideas for community building/ development with partner organizations.
• Manage the development of the script for the devised piece in progress
• Maintain working draft of devised piece
• Assist in editing/finalizing script for final devised piece
• At least 3 years of experience working as a teaching artist or with youth
• At least 2 significant experiences in dramaturgy, devising, or playwrighting
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple responsibilities
• Demonstrated history of working with people from diverse cultures and economic backgrounds
• Demonstrated history of collaborative, social justice based work or volunteer experiences
• TimeLine South is open to all high school students in Chicago but the mission of this program includes providing arts access to students of color within communities/schools with limited resources. Therefore, our teaching team must demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with these students and communities and to be respectful of difference in all forms.
• TimeLine Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.
Employees at TimeLine Theatre Company share the core values of the company:
• COLLABORATIVE: Valuing teamwork as a creative force
• EXCEPTIONAL: Demanding excellence and innovation in everything we do
• FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE: Managing resources effectively and appropriately
• INCLUSIVE: Embracing diversity in all its forms
• INTIMATE: Creating a close connection between art and audience
• RESPECTFUL: Listening and being open to everyone’s perspective
This position is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position (4 hours per week for six weeks). Compensation is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry.
HOW TO APPLY
TimeLine Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of building a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment. All interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing your specific skills related to this position, resume, and three references by April 26th, to email@example.com with the subject line “TimeLine South Teaching Artist – Script Management,” No phone calls, please.
TimeLine Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of building a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment. All interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing your specific skills related to this position, resume, and three references by April 19th, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TimeLine South Teaching Artist – Script Management,” No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com