National High School Institute: This is a 5-week summer position, full-time day and evening commitment, June 26th – August 3rd, 2019. [Option to continue into Musical Theatre Extension from August 3rd – August 17th, 2019 available based on qualifications.] Salary is TBD based on job duties.
This position is for the National High School Institute (colloquially known as The Cherub program)
located at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL.
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal development.
Job Summary: Day-to-day responsibilities include teaching and supervising students, implementing academic program activities, mentoring undergraduate Faculty Associates, attending staff meetings and helping to address staff and student questions and concerns. The Faculty maintains and fosters high standards of professional conduct, managing the safety and supervision of students through enforcement of NHSI policies and procedures. All candidates must possess and demonstrate an interest in the artistic, academic, social and emotional growth of high school students, serve as mature and positive role models for students, and exhibit a strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork.
• Leading students by teaching classes and/or directing productions in two of the following three areas:
o Acting or Voice and Movement
o Electives, Performance Theory, or Text Analysis
o Directing one of our eight productions
• Attend program orientation (June 27th through June 30th, 2018)
• Follow all NHSI rules and regulations concerning staff conduct, appropriate dress, program procedures, and other responsibilities as set forth in the staff handbook
• Be knowledgeable of administrative policies and University procedures
• Please note that this is not a typical “summer camp” job-but a 24/7 commitment where Faculty members are expected to be available when classes are in session, for field trips, for performances, etc.
• If interested in the 2-week musical theatre extension, lead students by teaching acting, voice or dance classes and/or directing/music directing productions, etc.
• Master’s Degree in Theatre, or Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre with equal professional work
• At least two years of experience in professional theatre environment
• Experience teaching high school students
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic and commitment to collaborative work
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2019
go to the Northwestern website: northwestern.edu Click on Careers at the bottom of the home page and click on External Candidates
Look for Temporary - NHSI Theatre Arts Faculty Associate Job #
Or go to www.nhsi.northwestern.edu click on the Theatre page, and scroll down to the bottom to look for job opportunities.