Job Title: Box Office Customer Service Representative
Status: Hourly & Contractual
The Box Office Customer Service Representative position provides customer service, cash handling, and ticketing services in our centralized box office. The Customer Service Representative is, one of a team, on the front line interacting daily with our patrons and providing for their needs. This is a part time position requiring evening and weekend shifts.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Assist customers with purchase decisions.
· Resolve customer conflicts with guidance from supervisor.
· Maintain knowledge of items currently available to customers.
· Understand and relate purchasing policies to customers.
· Collect complete and accurate data from customers.
· Process phone and in person orders using Ovation TIX system.
· Provide feedback in regard to customer entertainment preference and purchasing habits.
· Follow proper cash handling procedures and reconcile daily transactions.
· Maintain a positive attitude and a genuine interest in helping others.
· Work regular weekly shifts, including days, weekends and evening as assigned.
· Assist with incoming and outgoing customer calls.
· Ascertain and resolve customer concerns, requests, and/or complaints in a timely, courteous and informed manner.
· Contribute to the environment of the box office in a manner that is conducive to customer service, sales promotion, safety, and quality of work life.
· Maintain quality database entry practices when completing regular database maintenance projects.
· Assist with night of show walk up sales and will call distribution.
· Troubleshoot night of show customer issues in a professional manner.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Customer service experience, preferably in the ticketing, entertainment, non-profit arts or hospitality industries.
· Strong written and verbal skills.
· Skill using computer software programs including point of sale systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Experience with ticketing systems, especially OvationTix, a plus.
· Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures, and fiscal responsibility, including PCI compliance.
· Ability to initiate and build relationships with customers and interact via telephone and in person with customers.
· Dependability, flexibility, and adaptability.
· Possess high standards of integrity, credibility, and reliability.
· Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player.
· Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends.
· Passion for and/or experience in the performing arts.
· Highly motivated self-starter, a hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in assisting customers and staff.
· Ability to exercise good judgment in carrying out established policies and procedures.
· Personable, self-motivated, a self-starter, reliable, and a team player.
· Attention to detail.
· Friday 5pm-9p, Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-4pm
· Potential weekday swing shifts
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org