The JLC Backstage Technician is primarily responsible for performing designated tasks assigned by the JLC Technical Coordinator or assigned supervisor when preparing for, working during and/or striking after a performance in the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Assist with load-in activities of contracted touring, in-house departments and community rentals. Some heavy lifting may be required.
2. Train and perform backstage tasks such as basic theatrical rigging, assembly of orchestra shell, light hanging and focus, audio setup, set up of chairs and music stands, etc.
3. Assist in fly rail operations, staging, sound, and light running as support technical staff.
4. Be available during performances as scheduled on as needed basis.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Some type of backstage experience in theater, music or dance.
1. Experience in backstage support of professional performance events.
2. Flexibility in scheduling.
3. Daytime availability
4. Experience and knowledge in using basic tools such as c-wrenches, socket wrenches and power drills.
Apply with the link provided. Will need to provide your resume and cover letter.