The Den Theatre is currently seeking an experienced Talent Buyer. The position requires that you be a people person and an excellent communicator. You will be required to build and maintain relationships with multiple organizations, agents, and talent managers. You must be organized and reliable. Qualified candidates will have a high level of passion in all forms of live entertainment, extensive knowledge of the Chicago and National entertainment industry, and experience in negotiating/ booking.
You will work with the The Den Production Coordinator for scheduling/ contracting and The Den Box Office Manager for event posting and sales.
Types of events you book, may include, but are not limited to:
- Touring Shows
- Movie Screenings
- Theatre and Movie Festivals
- Dance Shows
- Corporate events and parties
- Galas/ Benefits
- Competitions (Dance, Pageants, Wrestling, etc.)
- Day Time Events
Desired skills include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Talent Buying or Related Fields.
- Being proactive in booking, must feel confident in making cold calls and seeking new opportunities.
- Functioning independently and as a team to problem solve.
- Being able to multitask.
- Being able to keep an organized schedule and reply to clients in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication through email, phone, and in person.
- Excellent contract bargaining skills.
- Events management experience.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Booking high earning/ quality events.
- Bringing new Companies to The Den.
- Ensuring Client & Talent Retention.
- Hitting quotas for number of booked events.
- Booking Nationally recognized Comedians, Musicians, etc.
- Retaining knowledge of the show schedule, running across our 9 rental spaces.
- Functioning as a liaison between rental companies’/ talent and Den Staff.
- Being present at booked events to evaluate their success.
- Receive patron feedback on events.
- Evaluating tech quality (requesting that the tech team adjust sound or lighting levels, as needed).
- Evaluating the potential profit of events.
- Assessing profit at events conclusion.
- Health Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Comp Tickets to Den Shows
- Den Discounts
- Workman’s Comp
Experience in booking and contracting is preferred. Previous Talent Buyer experience is highly desired.
Please send your cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com