Part Time Position, 20-30 hrs per week. Evening and weekend availability required.
Reports To: Owner/Artistic Director and General Manager
The Technical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring safe use of The Den’s performance spaces and equipment. This person is knowledgeable in the fields of theatrical lighting, sound, and A/V technology. Basic carpentry skills are a plus. This position works alongside the Operations Manager, Production Coordinator, General Manager, and Owner to ensure that renters are equipped to effectively and safely produce in their contracted space and that equipment is properly prepped for the week’s events.
Ultimately the job of the Technical Supervisor is to ensure that renters are equipped to successfully run and operate their productions or events. This includes but is not limited to:
- Specified inventory is tested and in working order.
- Specified inventory is organized and in the rental space at the start of any contracted production or event.
- Specified lighting/sound/AV equipment is set up and in working order in the space prior to the contracted start time for single night events.
- Ensure risers and seating is set up safely prior to audience arrival.
- Reach out to renter two weeks prior to load-in to obtain ground plan from renter for approval.
- Assist renters in troubleshooting lighting/sound equipment through duration of rental as appropriate and necessary, either in person or by email or phone.
- Schedule and perform Load-In Check-In, Safety Check, and Strike Check-Out with all production rentals.
- Maintain proper inventory paperwork as well as production paperwork from load-in, safety check, and strike.
- Maintain a list of overhire support staff, to be called upon for specific event set-ups or operations.
- Communicate with potential or active renters on any questions they may have about the tech portion of their contract via email or in person.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by Owner, General Manager, Production Coordinator or Operations Manager as is appropriate for the position.
The Technical Manager is responsible for general upkeep of Den Theatre inventory in the following ways:
- Regular inventory checks of all lighting/sound/AV equipment
- General maintenance on all equipment
- Scheduling equipment maintenance as necessary
- General upkeep and organization of equipment storage areas
- All inventory lists for rental spaces are accurate and up to date
- Ordering and replenishing supplies as needed
- File production paperwork in a timely manner with General Manager
This person must also:
- Have a working knowledge of theatrical lighting/sound/AV equipment
- Have the ability to set up a working sound system
- Have the ability to execute a light plot
- Know how to read a ground plan and section
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Be comfortable working on a ladder or scaffolding up to 15 ft in the air
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Above all the Technical Supervisor is a customer service position. This person must be able to work with others to solve problems in a friendly, efficient, and timely manner. Communication with renters through email in a timely manner is essential for success in the position. This is a part time position, occasional evening and weekend hours required. The Den Theatre is home to seven theatre spaces, and multiple lounge areas, all of which are utilized for performances and events. We are seeking someone who is willing to take ownership of the tech management of this building. The right candidate is someone who can work collaboratively with the rest of The Den staff and maintain a positive attitude while working in a dynamic arts environment.
Technical Supervisor should help create an environment that works towards focusing on the success of the business. Organization and communication is key to success in this position and should be a primary focus.
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com