The Gift Theatre, a steadily-growing and highly regarded member of Chicago’s community of professional live theater companies, seeks Box Office Agents for its summer production of WOLF PLAY.
The Box Office Agent will assist in the daily operations of the box office including checking patrons in, processing transactions, building relationships with audience members, and help to create a seamless, safe, and engaging audience experience. Successful candidates are comfortable with problem-solving on the fly and calm in stressful situations.
· Answering phones and emails
· Processing ticket sales and exchanges
· Assist patrons with questions, accessibility needs and/or ticketing issues
· Checking in patrons prior to the performance
· Making sure the theater and bathrooms are clean and ready for guests
· Other duties as assigned
· Customer service experience
· Basic computer skills and effective communication in person and in writing
· Familiarity with theatre operations preferred but not required
· Experience with a POS system and/or ticketing software preferred
· Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon availability from July 10-August 18
This is a part-time position, starting July 11, 2019. Pay is $12 an hour.
No phone calls please.
The Gift Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
The mission of The Gift is to tell great stories onstage with honesty and simplicity.
The Gift believes a play never closes until everyone who saw it stops thinking about it and that art is, at its best, a sacred conversation between actor and audience, revealing the joy and pain of being human. In other words, a gift.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, detailed resume and short list of references to “Box Office Agent Search” at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org