Audience Services Manager at The House Theatre of Chicago
The House is Chicago’s premier home for original works of epic story and stagecraft. We consider our audience a primary component in our productions, and bring our design aesthetics and inclusive approach to the audience experience for every show.
The Audience Services Manager is the company’s front-line connection to our audience and is responsible for ensuring the best purchasing and attendance experience for all House patrons. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about interacting with theatre patrons and about organizing the systems that keep patrons informed and well taken care of. This position will also provide valuable opportunities for those interested in developing additional arts administration skills related to Audience Development, Accessibility, Fundraising, and Fiscal Management.
The Audience Services Manager serves as the primary box office staff during the week at The House’s administrative office in North Center, and for mainstage programs at the Chopin Theatre in Wicker Park. They oversee audience services staff at the Escapes at the Chicago Board Game Cafe in Logan Square. This position manages part-time hourly staff, directs the Accessibility program, and collaborates on policy of both sales and fulfillment of all our services and products. Additionally, they support contributed income activities as they relate to individual donors.
Through our programming and operations, we strive to achieve inclusive artistic practices that promote inclusive institutional structures. We seek to build a diverse team, and candidates from all ethnicities, racial backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development.
* Fulfills box office and house manager responsibilities on-site for mainstage productions at The Chopin Theatre.
* Hires, trains, supervises and schedules hourly part-time box office staff.
* Ensures excellent customer service and communication in person, over the phone and via email.
* Executes Ticket, Membership and Swag sales and fulfillment, as well as managing ticket inventory with third party resellers.
* Manages Patron Manager CRM database ticketing, memberships and swag as well as general patron record management and reporting.
* Sets and enforces box office policy for ticket, membership and product fulfillment.
* Occasionally transports front-of-house materials to and from The House HQ, the Chopin Theatre and the Chicago Board Game Cafe.
* Supports special events as needed.
* Manage the contracted box office responsibilities of The Magic Parlour, including ticket sales, inventory management, will-call reporting, patron communication, and group sales invoicing.
* Manage fulfillment Open Captioned, Audio Described, and Relaxed/Sensory Friendly Performances for mainstage productions. This includes coordinating on-site volunteers and contractors, assisting on-site, and designing a path for strategic growth in Access programming.
* A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
* Experience in customer service and money handling in a point-of-sale system
* Experience managing a small team of staff members
* A general understanding and genuine appreciation of performing arts and arts patrons
* Excellent written, verbal, and in-person communication skills
* Strong ability to work independently and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and office environment
* Strong ability to integrate and collaborate with other departments towards organizational goals
* Experience in managing crowds
* Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites
* Dependable access to a vehicle
* Experience with Patron Manager database is a plus
* Interest in growing non-profit arts administration skills as related to Audience Development, Marketing, Fundraising or fiscal management is welcomed
This position works in three locations; Headquarters in North Center, the Chopin Theatre, and the Chicago Board Game Cafe. The position occasionally requires hours in multiple locations in one day. Reliable access to a vehicle is required for transporting materials between locations.
This is a full-time, salaried position with regular mid-day, evening and weekend hours (with one or two weekday mornings most weeks). Paid vacation days, and option to purchase employee-paid health coverage. Annual salary is based on experience.
Candidates will send a cover letter and resume to jobs (at) thehousetheatre.com with the subject “NAME - Audience Services Manager candidate”.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com