Marketing Associate at The House Theatre of Chicago
The House is Chicago’s premier home for original works of epic story and stagecraft. The Marketing Associate reports to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development and will support all earned income campaigns and goals.
The Marketing Associate works creatively and directly on overall marketing strategy and campaigns for each program and executes a wide range of communications, tactics, and reports.
This new role is primarily part-time (approx 20 hr/wk). In April, May, and June 2019, a period of increased hours (up to full-time) and additional leadership opportunity will be available with additional compensation. The role will return to part-time in July.
Through our programming and operations, we strive to achieve inclusive artistic practices that promote inclusive institutional structures. We seek to build a diverse team, and candidates from all ethnicities, racial backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Oversee schedules for communications, social media, and promotional plans
- Compile, publish, and approve copy for custom playbills, and all printed marketing collateral to graphic designers
- Craft and manage social media campaigns
- Copy write and execute email campaigns for single ticket, group, and Membership sales
- Manage marketing for special Audience Development and Outreach initiatives such as Young Professionals Nights, Access Performances, and Student Matinees
- Act as sales liaison for group and private event inquiries for our long-running program, The Magic Parlour
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on sales and ROI
- General department support as needed
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A general understanding and genuine appreciation of performing arts and target audiences
- Excellent written, verbal, and in-person communication skills
- Experience in marketing, sales, promotions, or PR for events, performing arts, or other service-based businesses
- Strong ability to work independently and prioritize in an office environment
- Strong ability to integrate and collaborate with our other departments towards organizational goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite
This position works in our a newly custom-built office space at Irving Park and Rockwell, with some venue visits to Chopin Theatre, and Palmer House hotel. Access to a vehicle is a plus.
Candidates will send a cover letter and resume to jobs (at) thehousetheatre.com with the subject “CANDIDATE NAME - Marketing Associate candidate”.
No phone calls, please.