About The Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through fearless comedy, the company’s ten resident stages in Chicago and Toronto, plus eight Touring Companies and a booming Theatricals division, entertain over one million theatergoers per year. The Second City Training Center, which includes the Harold Ramis Film School, is the largest school of comedy on the planet, with locations in Chicago, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Second City Works is the professional services side of the company, serving more than 600 clients –including nearly 25% of the Fortune 500– through hands-on learning, licensed and custom video, consumer marketing programs, and custom live entertainment.
Founded in 1959, The Second City continues to grow rapidly in size and influence by upholding five core values: performance; ensemble; diversity and inclusion; resiliency; and authenticity.
About our Internship Program
The impactful power of comedy is evident from our pool of legendary alumni. The same passion and drive that these individuals possess is what we seek in our interns.
The Marketing Intern will report to The Second City’s Marketing Team and will assist in the marketing of all Chicago theatrical productions.
Interns will be responsible for assisting with day to day tasks in their department as well as for larger projects that will span the duration of the internship. Both tasks offer ample room for creativity!
We are currently recruiting for our Winter/ Spring semester:
Winter/Spring Semester (February-April)
Accepting Winter/Spring Applications Starting: Now
Deadline for application: January 31
What we are looking for in our interns
The environment of The Second City is fast-paced, exciting and at times high pressure. We’re looking for individuals who can think on their feet — focusing simultaneously on specific details and big ideas.
To become an intern in the Marketing department, you should:
- Have extreme attention to detail
- Interested in a career in marketing and/or arts administration
- Familiar with CRM systems or ticketing software databasesSelf-motivated, resourceful, and willing to learn
- Consistently reliable, organized, and efficient
- Mature and professional
Some of the things you will be doing as a Marketing intern:
Building email campaigns, assisting with opening night and special events, market research, website updates, attending marketing meetings, etc.
Before applying, you must say Yes, And to:
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent?
- Are you computer proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel especially) and familiar with Google suite?
- Are you available 6 hours/day, 3 days/week?
Some things to note before applying
- Housing and transportation not provided
- Although the experience you’ll gain will be invaluable, the Internship itself is unpaid
- The internship does not guarantee a job, but will open doors to tons of opportunities
- You can get university credits if that is a requirement from your college.
Resume and cover letter (optional) to share their passion for The Second City
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org