Website The Theatre School at DePaul University
Reporting to the Manager of Audience Services for The Theatre School, DePaul University, the House Manager is a member of the administrative staff and shall work with the Manager of Audience Services, House Managers, and other front-of-house staff with services which relate to the operation of the historic Merle Reskin Theatre, Watts Theatre and Healy Theatre for The Theatre School.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervises the house crew, use of the infra-red listening system and other access equipment, program distribution, ticket collection, ticket audit, lost and found, etc.
- Implements Customer Service Policy and greets patrons in a warm and welcoming manner, handling questions and complaints.
- Facilitates post-show discussions in the theatre and other post-show activities.
- Sees to the safety and comfort of patrons, including maintenance and cleanliness of all front-of-house facilities, keeping aisles clear, exit doors unlocked, etc.
- Works with the box office and stage management to assure prompt curtain times.
- Informs the Manager of Audience Services and Production Support Staff of maintenance needs of the theatre space; including working with the Production Support Staff with regard to temperature control.
- Tracks attendance at performances.
- Is informed about security issues and health-related emergencies; is knowledgeable about first aid and willing to take instruction in CPR and to be certified as a Fire Guard for the theatre.
- This position supervises approximately 10 student employees and spends approximately 40% of the time doing so.
The production schedule is as follows:
Playworks for Families & Young Audiences at the Merle Reskin Theatre are Tuesday and Thursday mornings, with Saturday matinees. Productions typically run about 6 weeks in the fall and spring.
Watts and Healy productions perform Wednesday – Sunday and have a 4-week run in the fall, winter and spring.
What You’ll Need:
Although a college degree is not strictly required, a person with a B.A. is preferred. Excellent oral and written skills are important. Customer service experience and computer (Windows) are preferred but not necessary.
The House Manager will work as scheduled, one and 1/2 hours prior to performance, through the performance and until the theatre is cleared of audience and student staff/company. S/he must adapt to changing circumstances of a varied schedule and must maintain a pleasant attitude toward the work. S/he must be prompt, confident, and thorough, and should serve as a role model for the students in their training.
Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or email@example.com.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Please apply via job portal and provide a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job please visit ekze.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.