Website Theater Wit
We are a theater company within a building, within a community, within a world.
As a production company, Theater Wit is the premier smart art theater in Chicago, producing humorous, challenging, and intelligent plays that speak with a vibrant and contemporary theatrical voice.
As an institution, Theater Wit seeks to be the hub of the Chicago neighborhood theater scene. In our three spaces, we bring together Chicago’s best storefront theater companies. Here you will find a smorgasbord of excellent productions, see the work of a parade of talented artists, and mingle with audiences from all over Chicago.
Theater Wit seeks experienced AEA Production Stage Manager’s to join our team for our 2023 remounted production of “Who’s Holiday!”
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attending rehearsals, previews, and performances.
- Creating rehearsal and performance reports.
- Time tracking for crew/actors.
- Calling the show and operating the Lighting console and Qlab during all performances
- Working with the Director, Production Manager and Actor throughout the rehearsal process to help create a welcoming and productive atmosphere for the rehearsal team. This may include tracking blocking, costumes and props, setting up the space, costume care, being on book for actors, running lines, and other capacities.
- Managing the ASM who runs a backstage track during performances, which may include costume quick changes, props tracking, and assisting with performance pre-sets.
This is a Equity position on a Tier 4 Contract.
Pre-Production Week: November 6th, 2023 – November 12th, 2023
Rehearsals: November 14th, 2023 – November 19th, 2023
Tech: November 21st & 22nd, 2023
Previews: November 25th, 2023 – November 27th, 2023
Opening: November 28th, 2023
Closing: December 31st, 2023
Apply at the link below
To apply for this job please visit theaterwit.submittable.com.