Trap Door Theatre is looking for a dynamic Development Director to manage and inspire our development staff.
JOB SUMMARY: The Development Director is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing all forms of fundraising activities including our grant program, individual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other related solicitations. This is a regular part time position, approximately 15 hours a week but can vary.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation and fundraising.
2. Foster relations with foundations, corporations, and government sponsors.
3. Be the primary staff liaison for the Board, as well as the Development Committee and ad hoc fundraising committees.
4. Manage record-keeping for incoming donor, grant and fundraising support.
5. Oversee a departmental email and upkeep departmental calendar for fundraising events and grant deadlines.
6. Select, develop, and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of department.
7. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
8. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The Development Director reports to the Managing Director, and works closely with the entire management team. The Development Director is responsible for managing four direct reports including Donor Relations Manager, Fundraising and Special Events Manager, Grants Manager and Grant Writer(s). They will oversee that deadlines within team jobs are met, maintain departmental email and calendars, and be the point person for donors, the Board, and fundraising initiatives. The selected individual will perform independently to expand and define the scope of the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
• Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with key stakeholders such as board members, donors, and community members.
• An ability to engage individuals.
• An understanding of budgeting principles.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment and a demonstrated attention to detail.
Compensation- Small monthly stipend, with room for growth
Interested candidates may send a resume and letter of intent to Managing Director Nicole Wiesner at email@example.com by Monday December 16, 2019. Later applicants are encouraged to still apply but we are looking to fill this position as quickly as possible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org