Trap Door Theatre is looking for a dynamic Marketing Director to be responsible for all aspects of marketing and promotion for the theatre. This is a regular part time position, approximately 10-20 hours a month but may vary.
Job Summary: The Trap Door Theatre Marketing Director will develop and implement all the company’s marketing, public relations, and advertising strategies.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Define branding and marketing goals with Artistic Director and communicate across departments.
2. Work with the graphic designer to produce marketing materials and oversee distribution.
3. Manage all media relationships, including writing and distributing press releases, initiating story ideas, ensuring that accurate listing of information are widely disseminated and that our press list is always up to date.
4. Mange staff to maintain and increase online presence (website, social media, email lists)
5. Develop and maintain a calendar for regular blasts, social media posts, press deadlines, and maintain departmental email.
6. Expand and oversee the merchandise program.
7. Select, develop, and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of department.
8. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
9. This position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Job Scope: The Marketing Director reports directly to the Artistic Director and manages a team that consists of Communications Manager, Social Media Manager, Graphic Designer, and Webmaster. He/She will oversee that deadlines within team jobs are met, that information made public is correct, maintain departmental email and calendars, and advertise the Trap Door brand to increased audience within the public space. Training will occur in a two-step process: 1. Meet with Managing Director to define the job scope, explain the team hiring process, and introduce pertaining sections of the Trap Door Manual. 2. Meet with the Artistic Director to establish responsibilities. The selected individual will perform independently to expand and define the scope of the position.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, and Training):
– Knowledge of and experience with marketing principles, especially as they relate to the non-profit arts market.
– Must possess strong writing skills for multiple audiences – radio ad copy, press releases, show descriptions, brochure copy, e-newsletter communication, social networking updates.
– An engaged sense of visual appeal
Compensation includes a yearly stipend paid out monthly to be agreed upon hire.
Interested candidates may send a resume and letter of intent to Artistic Director Beata Pilch at email@example.com by Friday September 13th.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org