Trap Door Theatre is looking for a dynamic Development Director to be responsible for all aspects of fundraising for the theatre. This is a regular, part time position approximately 10-15 hours a week but may vary. Compensation includes yearly stipend.
Job Summary: The Development Director is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing all forms of fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other related solicitations.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
1. Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and fundraising.
2. Foster relations with foundations, corporations, and government sponsors.
3. Be the primary staff liaison for the Board, as well as the Development Committee and ad hoc fundraising committees.
4. Manage record-keeping for incoming donor, grant, and fundraising support.
5. Oversee a departmental email and upkeep departmental calendar for fundraising events and grant deadlines.
6. Select, develop, and evaluate staff to ensure the effcient operation of department.
7. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
8. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Job Scope: The Development Director reports to the Artistic Director, and works closely with the entire management team. The Development Director is responsible for hiring and managing four direct reports including Donor Relations Manager, Fundraising & Special Events Manager, Grants Manager and Grant Writers. He/She will oversee that deadlines within team jobs are met, maintain departmental email and calendars, and be the point person for donors, the Board, and fundraising initiatives. Training will occur in a two-step process: 1. Meet with the Managing Director to define the job scope, explain the team hiring process, and introduce pertaining sections of the Trap Door Manual. 2. Meet with Artistic Director. The selected individual will perform independently to expand and define the scope of the position.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, and Training):
– Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with key stakeholders including board members, donors, and community members.
– Experience in customer service/hospitality with an ability to engage individuals
– An understanding of budgeting principles
– Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment and demonstrated attention to detail.
Interested candidates may send a resume and letter of interest to Artistic Director Beata Pilch at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 13th
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com