Trap Door Theatre is looking for a dynamic Tour Manager to be responsible for all aspects of touring for the theatre, including organizing the hosting of guest artists in Chicago. This is a regular part time position that varies based on the need of the project. Approximately 2 projects per year.
Job Summary: The Trap Door Theatre Tour Manager will oversee the organization and expansion of our annual European touring program. Working with the Artistic Director, the Tour Manager will also be responsible for the organization of housing, travel, and hosting for all visiting artists coming to work at the theatre.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Works on all aspects of organizing tours, including contact with the theatre and festivals, execution of contracts, and securing travel and housing for all parts of the tour.
2. Oversee all day-to-day needs for the operation and success of the tour.
3. Responsible for researching and securing travel and accommodations for visiting artists to Chicago.
4. Researching and securing all necessary documentation and insurance for tours and visiting artists.
5. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
6. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Job Scope: The Tour Manager will report directly to the Artistic Director and will work on a per project basis. After meeting with the AD to identify the needs for that year’s visiting artists and tour endeavors, the Tour Manager will largely work independently and from home. This job is largely an organizational one and does not require travel. However, if you are interested in joining the tours as part of the stage management team, that is a plus!
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, and Training):
– Astute attention to detail
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others
– Able to manage multiple projects at once and operate in line with proven systems
– Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
– Ability and desire to tour is a plus but not a specific component of the job.
This is a volunteer based position.
Interested candidates may send a resume and letter of intent to Artistic Direction Beata Pilch at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 13th.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com