Underscore Theatre Company is hiring a Props Designer for their Spring 2020 production of Notes & Letters.
NOTES & LETTERS
Book, Music & Lyrics by Annabelle Revak
Notes and Letters follows Joe’s journey from war-torn Prague to Williams Piano Shop in Chicago 1917. He quickly befriends the owner Charlie, his girlfriend Nora, and composer Olivia. The foursome become inseparable- until WWI hits the US. Businesses, relationships, and lives are put to the test. Based on a true story and set to a jazz-contemporary score, four young people struggle to make choices amid complete chaos.
Tentative first rehearsal: March 9, 2020 (rehearsals off April 12 for the Easter holiday)
Tech Week: April 13-April 20
Opening Night: April 21
Performances: April 24-May 18, with adjusted closing weekend Wed May 20, Thurs May 21, Fri May 22, closing Saturday May 23. Tentative extension week May 29-June 1.
- Concept, create, and craft props design in partnership with production’s Director and fellow creative staff
- Provide rehearsal props as needed/requested by Director during process.
- Accommodate specific actor needs, allergies, safe props usage requests.
- In partnership with Production Manager order all necessary props while staying within budget.
- Oversee any set dressing execution as needed.
- Make changes to props as necessary.
- Attend technical week rehearsals ensuring all props needs are executed to their highest artistic ability.
- Read daily rehearsal and performance reports to ensure all props needs are attended to in a timely manner.
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest to Artistic Director, Whitney Rhodes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com