The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Costume Shop Manager/Lecturer
Employment Type: Full time (9 month), Academic Staff, Non-Exempt
Reports To: The Costume Shop Manager/Lecturer will report to Chair of Theatre Arts.
Pay Range: $38,000 – $40,000
Essential Job Functions
The Theatre Arts Department is seeking to hire an Academic Instructional Staff position for Costume Lab Supervisor. This 9-month position is responsible for the management and oversite of the Theatre Department Costume Shop. This includes costume patterning, draping, and construction, assisting the Costume Designer with materials shopping, management of the build, necessary paperwork, and completion for all Theatre Department costumes. The Costume Lab Supervisor will not only supervise the day-to-day working of the Costume Lab, ensuring completion of theatrical costumes, they will also manage the organization of tools, equipment, and supplies along with the costume rentals, and organization and inventory of costume storage. This individual will also supervise and mentor students through shop work, and will teach THEA 133, Costume Craft each semester.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Supervision and scheduling of Theatre Department Costume Shop Assistants
• Determine personnel needs for each production and collaboratively create daily and weekly work plans
• Supervise and mentor Theatre Arts Department costume shop assistants and students filling academic laboratory hours in the costume lab in safe construction techniques and shop practices
• Maintain tools, equipment, materials, and shop organization
• Ensure tools, and equipment are in safe operating condition. Request replacement of tools and equipment when needed
• Keep inventory and stock of all necessary costume lab supplies and materials
• Keep workspaces and shop clean and organized for employees and students
• MFA, BFA, or BA in Costume Technology or related field
• Proven experience in professional costume patterning, draping and construction
• Experience Supervising/Mentoring Student Workers
• Experience in Costume Shop Management or Related Field
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Available Until: 05/24/2021
Please go to our link to apply:
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday May 23rd, 2021 are ensured full consideration.