Mission: Engage young people in arts experiences to inspire creativity and impact social change.
Urban Gateways remains a catalyst for creative youth voices in our city through multiple initiatives built with a broad network of local and national partnerships. Growth and innovation are the themes in the current strategic plan, making this the best time to join our dynamic, team-based staff.
Position: Residency Program Coordinator
Department: Program Department, School-Based Programs Team
Status: Full-time, 40 hrs/wk, occasional evenings/weekends
Benefits :Yes – health, dental, LTD, 401k
The Residency Program Coordinator provides support to the Program Department by working collaboratively with in- and out-of-school and community-based programs to play an instrumental role in designing dynamic and engaging arts experiences for our participants.
● Serve as the primary point person for ongoing in- and out-of-school residencies as well as related special projects
● Coordinate all aspects of residency programs (including workshops and professional development): scheduling artists, handling program changes and substitutions, creating and tracking school/partner and artist paperwork, overseeing individual program budgets, and other related duties
● Collaborate across Program Staff to connect hands-on instruction programs and performances to innovate in-school program offerings
● Works with Senior Program staff to develop and implement new program models or components to enhance student/audience experiences within residencies, workshops, and other program models, primarily informed by best practices in Creative Youth Development
● Support Program Managers in artist recruitment and onboarding for new teaching artists
● Conduct site visits to observe and support artists and their development; provide regular feedback to artists to support growth
● Work with Program Managers on the design and implementation of professional development opportunities for artists
● Work with Program Managers and teaching artists to support program evaluation, including data collection and/or process documentation
● Support efforts from the Communications Department to promote and showcase instructional programs, including helping to coordinate documentation site visits and collecting information for the website and print collateral
● Work closely with Operations and Finance on systems for administrative tasks including contracting and invoicing, scheduling, site follow up, and data entry
● Perform other administrative and departmental duties as necessary
● 2+ years experience in the arts education or performing arts fields, ideally with a passion for programming;
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks and projects while maintaining positive attitude and cool demeanor; must be a team player while being able to work independently;
● Demonstrated experience in one or more arts disciplines with a working knowledge of the Chicago arts landscape;
● Passion for the arts, arts education, and working with young people;
● Understanding of Chicago Public Schools, educational standards, and general school practices;
● Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
● Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience
● Bachelor’s degree in the arts and/or education, or a related field preferred;
● Access to reliable transportation to visit programs throughout the area;
● Microsoft Office and Google Suite experience; Salesforce and video editing experience a plus.
No phone calls please. Interested Candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Coordinator in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com