UrbanTheater Company (UTC) is committed to centralizing the power and talents that are innate in every person to tell their communities stories. We serve as a pipeline for a diverse and culturally specific collective of Chicago actors, designers, and producers who embrace the responsibility to create an environment full of honesty, integrity, representation, and acceptance. We create innovative and accessible theater that challenges Eurocentric styles and training.
We are looking for someone passionate about live theatre who can provide exceptional sales and customer service. You will act as the main point of welcome to patrons of our theatre while playing a key role in offering the highest level of service to patrons in person, by telephone, and by email. Shows run from Thursday – Saturday at 8 PM and Sunday at 4 PM, from June 19-August 3, 2019. The position is approximately 12-16 hours per week. This position requires availability on evenings and weekends.
Box Office Attendants will be responsible for:
- Pre & Post Show Front of House Tasks
- Event set-up & breakdown
- Ticket & Merchandise Sales
- Providing information to customers
- Front of House Reports
- Administrative Tasks
- Likes to laugh and smile
- Organized & honest fiscal management
- Computer literacy (Knowledge Basecamp and Vendini ticketing system is preferred but not required)
- Ability to work on your feet and lift 20lbs.
- Experience, preferably with a nonprofit theatre.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize work-flow, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform in a small, team environment, while working independently.
- Must possess integrity and great customer focus.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Skilled at problem-solving.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com