About Valiant Theatre:
Valiant Theater is committed to revealing and illuminating stories of real people and historical events marked by courage, valor, and determination.
We tell the stories of the Valiant, to inspire others to live their lives more valiantly.
The Business Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day business operations of the organization. This person will work closely with the Managing/Artistic Director to ensure the current and future financial well-being of the organization, as well as helping to maintain all legally required and board advised licenses, permits, insurance and contractual agreements.
· Collaborate with Managing Director, Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director to project ticket sales and revenue for each production and ticketed performance related event.
· Work with the Board of Directors to develop budgets for each area’s given tasks and role in the overall success of the organization.
· Track and submit invoices for payment to the Managing/Artistic Director.
· Track accounts payable/receivable, and assist Managing Director in the assurance all accounts are kept in good standing.
· Sustain accurate accounting and produce financial reports for monthly Board of Director’s meetings and quarterly joint meetings of the Board of Directors and Board of Advisers.
· Assist Managing Director in the maintenance of all legally required licenses, permits, insurance etc. as well as any additional permits and policies as advised and voted on by the Boards of Directors.
· Direct Reports include: Finance Associates, Box Office
· Other Duties as Assigned
· Reports to: Managing/Artistic Director
This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in joining a new company, with a truly unique mission, and artistic voice. The successful candidate will have an opportunity for upward movement, and an increased voice in the organization over time. Valiant’s founders have MFA’s in their respective areas of expertise, and decades of individual experience in the professional theatre markets of cities like Chicago, New York, Dallas, and Pittsburgh.
Please email resume, and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org