Victory Gardens is seeking a Full Time Donor Services Assistant.
This is a full time exempt position reporting to the Development Manager.
The Donor Services Assistant administers the entire scope of gift entry into Spektrix to ensure accurate financial records and is responsible for the timely creation of all donor acknowledgement letters. The Donor Services Assistant handles all department reporting, facilitates ongoing staff training in Spektrix, and is responsible for helping the staff utilize the database to its fullest advantage. Additionally, the Donor Services Assistant plans and executes a series of stewardship events for Annual Fund donors and researches donor prospects. With Director of Development, works on the Chicago Stories Gala and other Development Events.
- Enter all donations into Spektrix and maintain the accuracy of all transactions.
- Print and mail all letters in a timely fashion so that donors receive acknowledgement promptly after making a gift.
- Manage a pledge installment program that ensures the timely and accurate charging of all installment pledges and proactively updates donors’ credit card information so as to prevent write offs.
- Maintain policies for special gifts, including in-kind donations, soft credits and stock gifts.
- Coordinate all matching gift requests.
- Continue to maintain department’s digital files, so that contribution back-up is easily accessible to anyone in the department from their desktop.
Database Reporting and Training
- Ensure the annual setup of the database including all campaigns, appeals and source codes.
- Serve as department’s main point person in regards to Spektrix, by managing special data requests from the staff, DBA Projects and the departments customization of the system so that we are working with Spektrix in the most efficient manner.
- Run weekly, monthly and yearly reports, including Board Points, to assist the staff to see how revenue is being generated and where they are at in their revenue goals.
- Responsible for all Development Department staff Spektrix/Excel training, including training new employees, and publishing “how-to” documents, so that we are utilizing Spektrix to its fullest advantage.
- Act as the Spektrix liaison between Development and other Victory Gardens departments.
- Manage an active donor stewardship program for the Annual Fund, with a goal of engaging new and loyal contributors through special events and serve as an articulate and enthusiastic spokesperson during events at the theater.
- Capture and organize attendance and donor preference information so that events serve as a way to further our relationships with donors.
- Serve as a liaison between the Development and Artistic departments to secure event dates and artist participation in special events.
- With assistance from the Development Intern create and disseminate all donor benefits, including all event invitations and incentive items (signed posters, etc.) with the goal of making communications efficient and user-friendly.
- Support in stewarding the households of the VG’s Annual Fund Members and Playwright Society Members by fulfilling member ticket requests, mailing annual subscription tickets, supporting the production of cultivation events, among other member benefit fulfillment.
- Coordinate and serve as editor for all development content of the program book including the donor listings.
- Supervise Development Intern with Development Manager.
- Schedule Committee Meetings and take minutes at Board, Gala Committee, Development Committee and Board Recruitment Committee Meetings.
- Actively works with Director of Development on events, including The Chicago Stories Gala, our annual large fundraising event.
- Assist the Donor Services team in the accurate and timely processing and acknowledge of all member donations, and invoice donor pledges as necessary.
- Maintain accurate patron information in the patron database (Spektrix).
- Research individual donors and prospects, as needed, and create background documents and strategy recommendations.
- Work with Finance Director on annual IL-CDP and Guidestar Profiles.
With Development Manager, supervises Development Intern.
Knowledge and Skills Required
The ideal candidate for this position will possess Problem Solving Skills; Strategic Thinking and Organizing; they will be detail oriented, precise in data entry and proof reading work; they will have the ability to form good relationships, have strong people skills, have strong time management. Knowledge of Spektrix Ticketing System is helpful, though not required.
Victory Gardens Theater provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Victory Gardens Theater complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 23. Please include Development Assistant in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com