Victory Gardens Theater seeks a Wardrobe Supervisor for our 2019-2020 Season consisting of 5 mainstage productions performing in the Začek McVay Theater. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Wardrobe Supervisor is responsible for the preparation, running, and maintenance of all costumes, hair, and make-up for technical rehearsals and performances. We are looking to fill this role ASAP.
Victory Gardens Theater is a leader in developing and producing new theater work and cultivating an inclusive theater community. We nurture and produce dynamic, inspiring new plays and artists to engage diverse communities and reflect the diversity of our city’s and nation’s culture.
· Daily maintenance of costumes while maintaining design integrity including cleaning, laundering, coordinating dry cleaning, and repairs
· Run all technical rehearsals, put-in rehearsals, and performances: preparing costumes and wigs, presetting costumes, assisting actors with dressing, hair, and make-up, performing quick changes, and supporting other backstage needs such as props handoffs or scenery moves, as available
· Create and maintain accurate costume tracking paperwork and coordinate with stage and floor management to keep all show paper work up to date
· Assist Costume Designer with fittings and implementation of fitting and rehearsal notes
· Prepare dressing rooms and actor stations prior to 1st tech
· Attend designer run
· Lead Costume strike after the final performance including cleaning of all items for return or resale, restocking stock items, reorganizing of dressing rooms and replenishing of wardrobe supplies
· Reconcile all wardrobe related expenses promptly
· Prepare select costume pieces for access programming touch tour
· Support Stage and Production Management with other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· A minimum of 1 year of professional theatrical wardrobe experience
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Expertise in machine and hand sewing and an understanding of garment construction
· Experience choreographing and performing quick changes
· The ability to quickly implement costume repairs
· Alteration skills a plus
· Able to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver up to 40lbs repeatedly
· Able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time
· Able to work in dusty or noisy environments
· Day time, evening, and weekend availability
This position is paid hourly, with the possibility for overtime. Daytime availability is required.
Victory Gardens Theater provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and application for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law, requirements, Victory Gardens Theater complies with applicable stage and local las governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and consideration of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Qualified applicants should submit a short cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Erica L. Sandvig, Production Manager
Please include Wardrobe Supervisor in the subject line. Please note in your email where you learned of this job opportunity.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com